Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thursday Afternoon

It's raining cats and dogs, as they say, here and now, and I can't help but think about Leo. There's so much about him that's unknown (did we tell you about the bullet in his rump?), and one of the unknowns is how he is in rain, and thunderstorms. But as common as it is for dogs to "not like" that stuff, shall we say, I'm feeling miserable for him. And I really want to help him come in out of the rain.

We've had some fantastic volunteers that have materialized in the last few days, and it's great to see people coming together for a dog in need like Leo is. Thank you all -- Leo thanks you even if he doesn't know it! He's got food now (if he'll go where it is now probably getting soggy), and a growing number of eyes looking out for him. Those are good things.

It's now been more than 48 hours since our one sighting occurred, and I'm still happy we had it but I'm down off my high from finding out about it. To say I'm looking for the next sightings would be an understatement. History tells us it will take a good number of sightings to lead us to recovering him. I do know the sightings will come in as long as we are still spreading the word that the wandering dog with the cute mug does have people looking for him. Leo is without a doubt being seen, but by people that haven't come accross the fliers, the blog, the Facebook group, the Craigslist postings and all other manner of notice we're putting out. So they don't know who to tell. So we keep coming up with new ways to put the word out.

What are your ideas? I'll bet you have some, so please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment